Mexico is often viewed as a popular vacation destination for young adults and couples. While it is true that Mexico has numerous attractions that are designed for adults, it is also a great place to vacation as a family. If you and your family are currently searching for your next family vacation destination, you will want to take Mexico into consideration.
As with all other vacation destinations, you will have to find activities and facilities that are geared towards families. In Mexico, you are sure to find a number of these places. To get you started on your search, you are encouraged to keep on reading. Below is an overview of five popular Mexico locations that offer services, activities, and facilities for all of your family members, no matter how young or old they are.
(1) Acapulco, Mexico is home to some of Mexico’s most famous beaches. Beach resorts line the coast. Vacationing here will allow you to participate in many beach activities. These activities may include, but are not limited to surfing, sunbathing, boating, and swimming. While Acapulco is most well-known for its beaches, there are a wide range of other nearby activities that you and your family may enjoy.
Golf lovers will enjoy playing rounds of golf in or around the Acapulco area. If golf is not an activity that your family enjoys, you may enjoy taking water tours. You and your family could enjoy guided tours that take you along Mexico’s islands and lagoons. Your children may also find the nearby water and amusement parks exciting.
(2) Mazatlan is a large coastal city located on Mexico’s west coast. Beach lovers can find an unlimited number of activities in and around the Mazatlan area. Popular beach activities include, but are not limited to surfing, swimming, sunbathing, and boating.
While visiting Mazatlan, children of all ages will love the seawater adventures. At a number of locations in this coastal city, you and your family can learn about the creatures found underwater with fun activities. Water shows, similar to those found at Sea World, may create an experience that your children will never forget.
(3) Guadalajara is the second-largest city in Mexico. It is not located along the beach, but it is an ideal vacation destination for those traveling to Mexico with their families. If you are interested in learning about the history and culture of Mexico, rather than just relaxing at the beach, Guadalajara is the place to be.
Guadalajara is most well-known for its culture and historic attractions. You and your family may enjoy an area tradition known as Charro. Mexican men, dressed as horse riders, will put on rodeo shows for tourists. While sightseeing or shopping in Guadalajara, you will enjoy the many fountains and parks that can be found around the way. If you select Guadalajara as your next vacation destination, you and your family will not be disappointed.
(4) Puerto Vallarta is located along the Mexican Riviera. This area has a large number of well-known beach resorts. While Puerto Vallarta is known for its romantic environment, you and your family may enjoy visiting the area. It has been said that Puerto Vallarta is ideal for vacationers visiting Mexico for the first time.
In addition to beach activities, Puerto Vallarta offers activities for the whole family. A popular attraction for many families is the Rio Cuale Island. This island offers a ship that is similar to the one used by Christopher Columbus. What could be better than a beach getaway with a touch of education?
(5) If you thought that Puerto Vallarta was an ideal vacation place due to the value of incorporating education into your family’s Mexico vacation, you will love Mexico City. While Mexico City has adapted to tourists, it is most known for its historical culture. In many areas of the world, it is hard for a city to keeps its culture while still attracting tourists.
What you and your family may find most intriguing in Mexico City is the unlimited number of museums. Mexico City is home to a number of traditional museums, interactive museums, and museums that are designed especially for children. Whether you want to shop, learn, or sight see, Mexico City is the place to be.
The above mentioned Mexico cities are just a few of the many that you can visit. For additional tourist information, you are encouraged to contact your local travel agent or request free Mexico vacation guides.